You have chosen to write the town description for . These descriptions are used in the ZoomLocal Neighbourhood Report, which are downloaded as a PDF by our users.
TARGET 75-80 WORDS
Due to space restrictions in the PDF reports, town descriptions must be kept between 75-80 words.
Save this and close window
1. Be creative. Although you can refer to Wikipedia to write the descriptions, they tend to be rather factual, and as a result a little bland. The best place for inspiration is the local tourist board website.
2. No copy-and-pasting. In order to avoid infringing on copyright law, each description must be unique. Please don't copy other people's work word-for-word. Checks will be made to detect plagiarism.
3. Think like a home-buyer and a tourist combined. Write as though you're telling someone who has never been to the town before, highlighting the best points.
4. Spelling and grammar accuracy is paramount to allow the reader to form a positive impression of ZoomLocal.
5. Try not to spend too long on each description. You should be aiming to spend around 5-10 minutes on each, to allow you to earn a minimum of £20 per hour. However, please don't compromise on quality.
6. Be honest. If a town is a 'complete dump', then there is no reason to lie. The idea is to be open and honest, so write the truth - in a diplomatic way, of course!